Keller Williams Reports Q1 2020 Results
AUSTIN, TEXAS MAY 8, 2020 — Keller Williams (“KW”), the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count and the U.S. leader in units and sales volume, achieved significant growth and technology milestones, and topped industry and franchise rankings in Q1 ’20.
“I’m in awe of what our agents have achieved as they navigate this new normal,” said Gary Keller, co-founder, chairman and CEO, KW. “Our agents are studying their markets, understanding the specific conditions and doubling down on the technology, training and heart needed to serve their clients and communities in this unique moment.”
“Every day, I talk to agents who are finding new ways to respond. And, they are able to do that through our end-to-end, digital platform,” said Keller. “Our agents are able to provide a consumer experience – from initial consultation to close – that meets clients where they are, safely and conveniently. And, we’re proud of that.”
Keller Williams is home to 159,168 agents in the United States and Canada and 10,487 agents operating outside of the United States and Canada, for a total of 169,655 agents worldwide, as of March 31.
Technology and Industry Highlights
- On January 1, KW launched a redesigned KW.com, centered on an improved, neighborhood-based home search experience.
- On February 17, the franchise released a new consumer KW (Home Search) App.
- In Q1 ’20 alone, 60.0 million home searches were conducted across the KW App, KW.com and market center and agent websites.
- The new home search experience is being continually updated to feature the brand’s expanding home-search capabilities, which are featured across KW.com, the KW App, and the brand’s current website offerings for agents and franchise offices. More information is available.
- Command, a smart CRM-plus suite of apps hosted on the Keller Cloud, made available originally in Q1 ’19, now has 126,827 active users, as of March 31, 2020.
- As of the end of Q1 ’20, agents had added a cumulative 49.9 million contacts in Command.
- In Q1 ’20, 16,569 live referrals were sent within the Keller Cloud, representing $4.5 billion in sales volume.
- Over Q1 ’20, the Campaigns App of Command, a smart ad campaign creation and syndication tool, generated 265,548 leads across Facebook (258,087) and Instagram (7,461) alone.
- As of March 31, agents have created a cumulative 1,262,120 unique designs via Designs, a real estate-centric graphic design app that was released in late Q2 ’19, up 58.6% from Q4 ’19 end.
- As of March 31, agents have run a cumulative 7,997,450 SmartPlans, the automated marketing and task management app with Command. This is up 89.4% from Q4 ’19 end. More information is available on the features and benefits of SmartPlans.
- As of the end of Q1 ’20, agents have tracked and managed 1,281,042 pending deals across phases of the sales pipeline (appointment, active, under contract, and closed) in the Opportunities app of Command, up 31.8% from Q4 ’19 end.
- As of March 31, active users of Opportunities app hit 82,055, up 21.8% from Q4 ’19 end.
- In January, RISMedia featured CEO Gary Keller and President Josh Team on their list of 2020 Newsmakers.
- In January, Forbes featured KW on its annual list of America’s Best Employers For Diversity.
- In January, Swanepoel ranked Gary Keller and Josh Team in the top 30 on the 2020 Swanepoel Power 200.
- In January, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked KW No. 47 in its annual ranking of the top 500 franchises.
- In February, Franchise Business Review highlighted KW on the Most Innovative Franchises list.
- On March 19, the franchise announced a $20 million investment to reduce coaching costs for agents.
- In March, HousingWire’s annual HW Tech100 recognized Command in its real estate technology winner list.
- In March, seven young Keller Williams professionals joined the 20th anniversary class of REALTOR® Magazine’s “30 Under 30.”
United States and Canada (production in Q1 ’20)
- As of March 31, agents closed 224,759 transactions, up 4.8% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents closed $70.2 billion in sales volume, up 10.6% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents took 169,890 new listings (new market inventory), down 4.0% over Q1 ’19.*
- Agents wrote 274,905 contracts (projected closings), up 2.5% over Q1 ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $86.3 billion, up 7.7% over Q1 ’19.
Keller Williams outpaced the industry in terms of new listings taken; while the franchise was down over Q1 ‘19, according to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the number of active listings in the U.S. at the end of Q1 ’20 was 10.2% lower than the same period in 2019.
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in Q1 ’20.)
- Keller Williams Worldwide (KWW) is home to more than 10,487 international agents and 243 market centers operating outside of the United States and Canada, as of March 31, 2020.
- Agents closed 8,249 transactions in Q1 ’20, up 12.0% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents closed $1.3 billion in sales volume, up 10.8% from Q1 ’19.
- Agents took 22,497 new listings (new market inventory), down 2.2% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents wrote 10,734 contracts (projected closings), up 21.1% over Q1 ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $1.2 billion, up 16.9% over Q1 ’19.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, KWW regions include: Argentina; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Morocco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Slovenia; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; and Vietnam.
About Keller Williams
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count, has more than 1,070 offices and 183,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States.
In 2015, KW began its evolution into a technology company, now building the real estate platform that agents’ buyers and sellers prefer.
Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. For more information, visit kw.com.